California Department Of Motor Vehicles
Have you recently received a vehicle renewal notice from California Department of Motor Vehicles? Does your vehicle need to be renewed for registration now? If yes, go to California DMV Online Vehicle Registration Renewal Service or renew your vehicle either by mail or in person. What Is Vehicle Registration Renewal In California? If you are a vehicle owner in California, you will receive a renewal notice from California Department of Motor Vehicles by mail, which urge you to renew your vehicle registration before expiration date. You can renew your vehicle registration via www.DMV.ca.gov, or renew by mail or in person. How To Renew Vehicle Registration In California?
- You need to know your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a vehicle or the Hull Identification Number (HIN) for a vessel or boat.
- You need to have Smog certification filed with DMV.
- You need to have a renewal notice with your current address. If your address has changed, you need to go to online Change of Address system to update your address.
- You need to have a copy of your vehicle insurance.
- For online renewal, you need to have a valid credit/debit card or checking account.
- Renew Vehicle Registration Online
- Go to www.DMV.ca.gov (related link 1 below).
- Click "Go To Step 1", enter required information related to your vehicle or vessel/boat.
- Confirm your record information and make online payment. No additional fee will be charged for online registration renewal.
- Finally, you will receive confirmation of transaction online and get your sticker within five business days by mail.
- Renew Vehicle Registration By Mail
- Send the completed registration renewal form together with other required materials and appropriate payment to: California Department of Motor Vehicles P.O. Box 942869 Sacramento, CA 94269-0001
- Renew Vehicle Registration In Person
- Go to your local DMV office in person, with your registration renewal form, other required materials and cash, check or credit/debit card to pay for registration fee.