File An Unemployment Benefits Claim Online
If you live in New Jersey and have unfortunately lost your job, you may be eligible to apply for unemployment benefits. The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development works hard to make filing an unemployment claim quick and easy, that is why they created the online filing system.
What Is New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Claims?
New Jersey unemployment insurance benefits claims is an online service provided by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, to offer a convenient access to applying for unemployment benefits online. Applying online is quick and easy, and all the data you provide in the process is strictly confidential.
How To File an Unemployment Claim Online?
- All of your work experience in the past 18 months happens in New Jersey.
- You have not worked for the federal government, or worked as as a maritime employee, or served in the military, in the past 18 months.
- You live in the United States of America. If you are a citizen, you need to provide your Social Security Number. If you are not, you need to provide your Alien Registration Document.
- You need to provide all your former employer's information in the last 18 months.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits Claims website (related link 1 below) and click on the link marked "File or Reopen Your UI Claim".
- Read the FAQs and other information showed on the screen carefully to ensure that you are eligible for the claim and click on the "File A Claim" at the bottom of the the page.
- Make sure that you have an Unemployment Benefits Online ID and Password first, and click on the "Continue" button to proceed.
- Register for an Unemployment Benefits Online ID if you do not have one. If you have the ID, just log in, then click on the blue button marked "Sigh In".
- Follow instructions to complete the application.
- If you have any questions in filing the claim, please refer to the Official Web Site for The State of New Jersey FAQs webpage at related link 3 below.