Request Redelivery of Missed Mail Online
The United States Postal Service offers a service that allows people that have missed getting a package at home to schedule redelivery. Sometimes, the USPS delivers packages to recipients that requires a signature. If you are not home, the USPS will leave behind a peach colored slip indicating that they tried to deliver the parcel. The redelivery service allows you to choose when you want the USPS to redeliver it.
By scheduling redelivery of a parcel with the USPS that you missed the first time around you can really save yourself a lot of time and hassle. It’s always disappointing and frustrating to have to go to the post office during their work hours to pick up a missed package. With the USPS convenient new online service you can get the package redelivered at a time when you know you will be home.
About the United States Postal Service
The USPS, better known as the United States Postal Service is one of the oldest agencies in the federal government of the United States and is the only one that is specifically mandated in the constitution. The USPS was founded in 1775 by Benjamin Franklin. It employs nearly 575,000 people and delivers millions of parcels a year.How can you request a redelivery of missed mail from the USPS online?
- A computer with internet access.
- You must have a peach colored slip indicating that you have missed a USPS delivery.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the USPS Redelivery website at related link 1 below.
- Enter your name and address into the required fields and then enter the article number as it is written on your peach colored slip, as well as whether or not this is your final notice and when delivery was attempted.
- Indicate when you want redelivery to be attempted as directed and then click on the button marked “Submit”.
- If you have any questions about USPS Redelivery, please see the USPS Redelivery FAQ at related link 2.