Transfer Service by Signing up for myAT&T
AT&T offers a service to its customers that allows them to go online and link and manage all of their AT&T accounts. This service, which is called myAT&T, can be used to manage several accounts and phone numbers. Customers can transfer their wireless or wireline phone numbers to AT&T as well as transfer payment responsibility for a number from one account to another. Managing your AT&T accounts with myAT&T is a great improvement over the old days when you had to call up a phone representative at the phone company and spend a lot of time on call waiting whenever you wanted to change anything with your account. Transferring service, paying your bills, viewing recent account activity, and keeping your account information current and correct are all easy with myAT&T.
About AT&T Established in 1983, AT&T has become a giant multinational figure in the global telephony industry. Based in Dallas, Texas, it is the second largest telephony service provider in the United States. It also provides broadband and subscription television services. The company currently provides mobile telephony service to over 100 million customers. How can you sign up for myAT&T to transfer service?
- A computer with internet access.
- You must have an AT&T account
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the myAT&T Online Account Management login page at related link 1 below.
- Click on the link marked, “Register Now.”
- Create an AT&T Access ID and Password, then enter your name and email address into the required fields. Next, select and answer two Security Questions. Next, tick the box indicating that you have read and agreed to the AT&T Access ID Terms and Conditions. Finally, click on the button marked, “Continue.”
- Link all of your AT&T accounts as directed and continue with the registration process.
- Confirm your account details and complete the registration process.
- Manage your account and transfer service as directed.
- If you have any questions about using your new myAT&T service to manage your account, please refer to the AT&T Support website at related link 2 below.