Unemployment Compensation Claim Filing with the FDEO
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity offers a service that allows unemployed legal residents of Florida that are currently looking for work to receive unemployment compensation if they meet state requirements. One may file an application for this compensation over the internet. If the application is approved, a skills review must be completed before compensation benefits will be issued by the FDEO. Applying for unemployment compensation over the internet is a lot easier and more convenient than having to go into an unemployment office and wait to see somebody and then fill out all the forms with pen and paper. You can fill out the online application whenever you want and at your own pace. This process will probably take about 30 to 60 minutes. About Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (FDEO) The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity was established by the government of the State of Florida in order to promote employment opportunities for the people of Florida. They help to connect jobseekers with employers, provide access to skills, training and advice and resources for jobseekers. They also manage the unemployment claims and benefits system for those that are unemployed and seeking work. How can you file an unemployment compensation claim with the FDEO?
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be unemployed for some reason other than misconduct as defined by Florida state law and be currently looking for a work.
- You must be a legal resident of the state of Florida.
- You must have worked and earned wages during a specified period of time called a “base period.”
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (FDEO) Claims Process website at related link 1 below.
- Click on the link marked “Florida’s Internet Claims Filing System (FLUID) in the section marked, “1. File Online.”
- Read through the process introduction in the section written in your native language and then click on the button at the bottom marked, “Claim Form in English.”
- Tick the box to indicate that you understand the fraud statement and then click the button marked, “Submit.”
- Complete the application process as prompted by the system.
- If you have any questions about the filing an unemployment compensation claim with the FDEO, please refer to the FAQ at related link 2 below.