Request Your Past Year IRS Tax Return Online
You can request for copies of your tax returns previously filed with the IRS in the past years at the website of IRS. The service is available online for documents including 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ in 2008 to 2010, W2 during 2003 till 2010, and 1099s during 2003 till 2010. For the latter two documents, you can request as a taxpayer, a spouse, or both if it is necessary. It will take within 5 minutes for you to finish the online request. Usually, you can get an instant online delivery after your request. If the instant online delivery is not available, the delivery of your tax documents will be done no later than 6:00 pm the day on your request if you submit your online request before 4:00 pm that day. About Internal Revenue Service The Internal Revenue Service, or IRS for short, is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury in the United States, and provides revenue service of the United States federal government. Directed by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, IRS is responsible for tax collection, and the interpretation and enforcement of the Internal Revenue Code. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., it has five service centers across the States, which receive returns sent by mail. How Can You Request Copies of Your Past Tax Returns with the IRS?
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to make sure that the tax documents you are requesting are previously filed with the IRS.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Visit the website of the Internal Revenue Service at related link 1 below.
- Click “Need Copies of Past Tax Returns?” in the left part of the page.
- Select “Start New Request”.
- In the next page, read the instructions and select “Next”.
- Click “Create New” if you want to create a new request, otherwise, you can select “Edit Existing” to edit the request you have created.
- Enter your email address and choose a password for your request, and click “Next”.
- As required, select the time and the type of the tax return you want to request, and enter your personal details, including your name, address, and social security number, etc.
- When everything is confirmed correctly entered, select “Submit” to finish your online request.
- Get the basic information about the IRS online request at related link 2 below.
- Know more about the IRS at related link 3.